Friday, January 13, 2012

My Weekend :: Dec. 30 - Jan. 1

Warning: I'm about to talk about how awesome my boyfriend is, so if that doesn't interest you, feel free to skip down to the pics. Michael is pretty phenomenal at giving gifts. He's not always great at keeping them a secret, but he really knows how to spoil me. This year, among other things, he surprised me with a sweet new lens for the camera he bought me last Christmas. He's really supportive of my growing passion for photography--he even signed me up for a class/workshop back in September.

I was really inspired by that workshop, but got busy with life and forgot to use the tips/tricks I learned that day. In an effort to regularly practice those things, and get to know my new lens, I decided to start weekly(ish) posts by taking more photographs on weekends. I took pics the last two weekends, but didn't get around to posting them.  So I'm playing catch-up tonight. I know myself, and this definitely won't happen every week (hence the "ish" above), but it's resolution time, so most likely I'll stick with this until mid February when it starts to fade out.  Just kidding. (I hope...) :)

 (note to self: new lens isn't arm's length compatible)

 (new year's eve brunch)

 (boys playing with their christmas toys)

 (happy new year!)

 (berries)

 (garlic naan)

(treats)

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I am really looking forward to these weekendish posts! Such a great idea for practicing taking photos!

    ReplyDelete