This weekend we celebrated Michael's golden birthday with:
- A small (admittedly a bit over the top) Japan themed birthday party with a few of Michael's friends
- Rice Krispie Treat "sushi" (I made Fruity Pebbles Treats for the center of the roll, instead of using gummy worms, which I highly recommend for the overall consistency factor. Also, I used Fruit by the Foot instead of cutting up Fruit Roll ups--definitely a time saver.)
- Tons of Japanese treats (He loves all things Japan. Also Batman, hence the t-shirt.)
- Brunch at Portage Bay Cafe
- A sunny weekend
- A 6.5 mile, meandering walk around Green Lake, Tangletown, Phinney Ridge, and Ballard
- Mighty-O Donuts
- Brunch at Phinney Market Pub & Eatery (What? Two days, two brunches. And donuts. Don't judge.) :)
- A double feature (Friends with Kids, 21 Jump Street)
As you can see, my weekend included a lot of food, and a lot of quality time with my man. No complaints here.
Happy birthday sweetie! I love you.