Thursday, June 23, 2011

Homemade Goodness

This just in: I love to cook.  I've always loved to bake, but cooking is a different story.  Historically I've thought of it as a hassle/giant inconvenience (a bowl of cereal is just so darn easy).  But the more time I spend in the kitchen, the more I enjoy the whole process.  Just this week, I even (gasp!) experimented and combined/put my own twist on a couple of Mexican lasagna recipes!  And even more amazing than that, I actually found the whole process relaxing.  See Mom, I told you I'd grow up someday!

Here are a few of my favorite recipes that I tried last month:

  1. CROUTONS: I had no idea they were so easy!  
  2. SPINACH & RICOTTA TACOS: These are so simple, healthy and unexpectedly delicious.  At least for me.  When I found the recipe, they sounded interesting but I wasn't convinced that I'd love 'em.  Turns out I do.  Enough to cook them twice in one week.  
  3. SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE: A-mazing.  As is Elizabeth's blog.  You should check it out.  And then promptly make this coffee cake.  Trust.  

No comments:

Post a Comment