Yes, I meant for that to rhyme.
For someone who loves to-do lists but also loves to do nothing, being out of town for three out of four weekends in a month was a bit much for me. But at the same time, absolutely a hundred percent worth it (see here, here and here).
This trip was nice because it also included Michael. With our crazy schedules, we really only get to see each other on weekends, and I was gone for two of the weekends before this trip, so you do the math.
We made the trek across the state for a friend's wedding, but the added bonus of the weekend was hanging out with Michael's brother and sister-in-law, who also call Spokane home.
- Stocking up on caffeine and Sun Chips (our go-to road trip snack) before heading across the length of I-90 in Washington
- Eating at Huckleberry's. This was very nostalgic for me, as our soccer bus would always stop here on our way out of town from Whitworth games. Also, Michael ordered some apple juice from their juice bar and wow, literally the best apple juice I've ever had.
- Accidentally discovering Cliff Drive on our way to Huckleberry's. Beautiful views of the not always beautiful Spokane.
- Brunch at Chaps. Apparently it was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Super cute, and decorated with tons of antique and vintage items. And most importantly, it was delicious. My blueberry muffin french toast was phenomenal. Josh and Greta, thank you so much for introducing us! (tons of pictures below)
- Dreaming up future road trip plans on our drive home.
- Finding treasures at the Thorp Fruit & Antique Mall.