Thursday, November 8, 2012

capturing our blessings :: 8

My commute.

Today I am grateful that I live a mile away from my work. I am especially grateful now that my car is temporarily out of commission. A couple of days ago when I was parking, my stick shift (Shift lever? What is it called on an automatic?) literally fell apart in my hands. Mid parallel park. It was actually kinda funny. But now my car is awaiting repair, a desperately needed oil change, and additional coolant. (Did I mention my husband is awesome and doing all of that for me?)

But as I walked across an overpass, with hundreds of cars traveling north and south on I-5 below me, I became acutely aware how blessed I am to live and work in the same neighborhood. While lines of cars were waiting on onramps to join the stop and go traffic, I was enjoying the view of sun shining on snow-capped mountains in the distance, and the sound leaves cracking under my feet. I've also been meaning to walk to work more than my lazy self has managed on its own, so I'm hoping being forced into it will snowball into a new habit. Here's hoping...

P.S. I apologize to anyone who has a long commute, including, but not limited to: my husband, dad, brothers and a couple of my very best friends. I love you guys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment